Granary Row is a pop-up market and festival space. It's a community space, as well as a breeding ground for local businesses and talent.
Granary Row is an example of sort of "big idea" it hopes to foster — a bold urban venture aimed at inspiring and fostering the entrepreneurial ambitions of Salt Lake City's creative class. At its core, it's an experiment in seeding the Granary with microventures that will make the District their home — in turn sustaining the neighborhood as a place where makers live, work, and play!
The Granary Row Mission
Granary Row serves the needs of the people who live, work, and play in the Granary District by supporting a vibrant, locally sourced, and symbiotic street culture.
Granary Row is a prototype for reclaiming vehicle rights-of-way to achieve neighborhood goals. Specifically, the goal to have development reflect and reinforce the Granary District's maker roots.
Our commercial spaces nurture microventures that will seed the neighborhood with a steady and diverse stream of creative and driven entrepreneurs. Our tenants are drawn from the area's existing arts, bike, entrepreneurial, and foodie communities.
We are non-profit.
We are resource-wise.
We are inclusive.
What Others are Saying
Season 2, 2014
We're just getting going!
Season 1, 2013
- First Hot Chocolate Truck in the United States Hits the Streets of Salt Lake City for the Holiday Season
- The Beehive: Granary Row
- New Record Shop, Diabolical Records, Opens in Granary Row
- Granary Row: Shipping Container Pop-up Market Jump-starts Industrial Neighborhood.
- Contact: Granary Row, KUED
- Kelly Chapman Visits Granary Row, FOX13
- Daily Dish: Granary Row, ABC4
- Uniquely Utah: Just Fold Bike Shop @ the Granary, FOX13
- Cargo Containers Converted to Retail Outlets in Downtown Salt Lake City, FOX13
- Granary Row | Pop-up Market, CityHomeCollective
- Ron on the Run: Granary Row, KUTV-2
- Seasonal Shopping Center First Step in Granary District Project, KSL
- Shipping Containers Converted to Stores, FOX13
- Festival to help rejuvenate Salt Lake's Granary District, Deseret News
- New urbanism pioneer Joe Alfandre helped build communities, and now son James looks to shake them up
- Development Done Well Is a Community Affair, Planetizen
- Granary District/Granary Row Spotlight, Catalyst
- None Dare Call it City Creek, Salt Lake Magazine